Hello, Altenew fans!
It’s Enza and I am excited to be hosting the Sketch Challenge #9.
The sketch I made is based on one of the first layouts I created with Altenew products and you can find it here.
I followed the sketch pretty closely. Other than the variation in color, the design is pretty much the same as my previous layout.
I used the Floral Drape Stencil to give some color to the background and create the diagonal design. With the help of a mini dauber, I blended the following Altenew Crisp Dye Inks together:
- for the leaves: Frayed Leaf and Forest Glades,
- for the flowers: Pink Pearl and Coral Bliss, with just a touch of Mango Smoothie in the center.
I then adhered the Floral Flurries and Monochrome Washi Tapes onto white cardstock and fussy-cut the images to create layers and add dimension to the layout. Once I had everything in place and the photo was ready to be glued down, I used the Brush Alpha Die Set for my title. I blended Peach Perfect, Pinkalicious, and Heart Beat Crisp Dye Inks on a white smooth cardstock and used that to cut the title, which coordinated perfectly with all the other colors on the layout.
I stamped and heat-embossed some sentiments from the Amazing You Stamp Set and placed them on the top and bottom of the photo.
To finish the layout, I arranged a few more embellishments on the page, such as the camera sticker from the Our Family Scrapbook Collection and wood veneer buttons and butterflies from the Reflection Scrapbook Collection.
Create a scrapbook layout, a documenter spread, a notebook pocket spread or any other project based on the sketch above. You may use either the colors, the composition, the elements, the texture or any combination to create your project.
- Altenew products should be the focus, but other companies’ products can be used
- Make sure to use our challenge image above on your blog post
- Include a link back to the Altenew Sketch Challenge post.
- When uploading your project, make sure you link your entry post, not your entire blog
- Don’t have a blog? No worries! You may simply post it on Instagram, along with the challenge graphic above, use #AltenewSketch and, of course, tag @altenewllc – this will count as an entry.
- You may enter as many times as you wish.
- Challenge ends on 05/27/2018 at 11:55 PM EST.
After the challenge ends, FOUR WINNERS will be selected IF, and ONLY IF, we receive at least 30 entries. If there are less than 30 entries, the number of winners will be less. In the event that there are less than 15 entries, we won’t be choosing a winner.
Each winner will receive a $30 gift certificate to spend at www.altenew.com. Winners will be announced on 6/03/2018.
Wait, there is more! If you use #AltenewSketch when you share your challenge entry on social media, you are also entered to win a $15 gift certificate to our online store.
Good luck everyone and happy sketching!